Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Woodside: St Luke

Croydon North Deanery


Spring Lane
South Norwood

Location map

Parish website

Internal photo

Parish Contacts

Revd Sam Dennis

St Luke's Vicarage
Portland Road
South Norwood
London SE25 4RB

Tel: 020 8654 9841
E-mail: fr.sam.dennis@gmail.com

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts


Patron: Bishop of Southwark

Population (2001 census): 12,928
Urban Priority Area: No

Deanery: Croydon North

Archdeaconry: Croydon

Episcopal Area: Croydon

Diocesan Record Office: Surrey History Centre

Details of Church

Internal photoBuilt: 1887/1927
Architect: W V Arnold / W D Caroe
Listing: grade 2

Construction of a church on this site was commenced 1887. Work proceeded in stages but the building was largely destroyed by fire in 1920. The present church dates largely from 1927 (although it incorporates elements of the earlier building), and was built to the designs of W D Caroe, a noted ecclesiastical architect.

The church consists of a nave with north and south aisles, a chancel with a Lady Chapel to its south and vestries to its north. There is a second story above the Lady Chapel (the Guild Room), which is accessible only by an external staircase.