Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Upper Norwood: All Saints with St Margaret

Croydon North Deanery

Address

Corner of Beulah Hill & Church Road
Upper Norwood
London
SE19

Location map

Parish website

Internal photo

Parish contacts

Rev Leonard Marsh (Vicar)

The Vicarage
49 Chevening Road
London SE19 3TD

Tel: 020-8653 2820
E-mail: leonard.marsh@yahoo.co.uk

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Patron: Vicar of Croydon

Population (2001 census): 13,051
Urban Priority Area: No

Deanery: Croydon North

Archdeaconry: Croydon

Episcopal Area: Croydon

Diocesan Record Office: Surrey History Centre

Details of Church

Internal photoBuilt: 1827 - 29
Architect: James Savage
Listing: grade 2

The church of All Saints was built in 1827-29 to the designs of James Savage, and originally served as a Chapel of Ease to Croydon Parish Church. The tower and spire were added in 1841 and the chancel in 1861. The church was severely damaged by bombing during the Second World War and was restored in 1954. The restoration included the removal of the north and south galleries, the conversion of the south porch into a baptistry and the replacement of the east windows in the chancel and Lady Chapel.

The church of Upper Norwood, St Margaret was made redundant on 6 January 2003.