Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Croydon: St Andrew

Croydon Central Deanery

Address

Southbridge Road
Croydon
Surrey

Location map

Parish website

External photo

Parish Contacts

The Revd Wealands Bell
(Priest-in-Charge)

6 St Peter's Road
Croydon
CR0 1HD

Tel: 07588 598277
E-mail: wealandsbell@gmail.com

Parish website

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Patron: Trustees

Population (2001 census): 5,139
Urban Priority Area: Yes

Deanery: Croydon Central

Archdeaconry: Croydon

Episcopal Area: Croydon

Diocesan Record Office: Surrey History Centre

Details of Church

Internal photoBuilt: 1857
Architect: Henry Woodyer
Listing: grade 2

The building comprises a short nave, of five narrow bays, a broad chancel and large Lady Chapel on its south side; opposite this is the organ chamber and a modem Clergy Vestry with flat roof which extends westward into the aisle. At the east end is a single storey range with a pitched roof which accommodates a sacristy, choir vestry (now used as a Sunday School room) and east-west corridor between. It was designed by Henry Woodyer and built in 1857. The aisles were added, by the same architect, in 1870. The chancel was rebuilt and the Lady Chapel added by H B Walters in 1891.