Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Shirley: St John the Evangelist

Croydon Addington Deanery

Address

Shirley Church Road
Shirley
Croydon
Surrey

Location map

Parish Website

External photo

Parish Contacts

Vacant

The Vicarage
49 Shirley Church Road
Shirley CR0 5EF.

Parish website: www.stjohnsshirley.org.uk

Sunday Services

10.00am Family Communion
(with Sunday School and Youth Group)

Facilities: Disabled access, toilets, disabled toilet, crèche, induction loop

Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Tradition: Central

Patron: Bishop of Southwark

Population (2001 census): 4,781
Urban Priority Area: No

Deanery: Croydon Addington

Archdeaconry: Croydon

Episcopal Area: Croydon

Diocesan Record Office: Surrey History Centre

Details of Church

Internal photoBuilt: 1856
Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott
Listing: grade 2

The church is sited within a large graveyard on the north side of Shirley Church Road. It comprises a nave with side aisles, a west tower, chancel, chapel, vestry and south porch. The church was built in 1856 to a design prepared by Gilbert Scott. The vestry was extended during the 20th century. The chapel is sited on the south side of the chancel and was built in 1955 and designed by Caroe and Partners. A detached hall built of brick, also designed by Caroe and Partners, is sited on the north side.