Camberwell: St Giles
(within the parish of Camberwell, St Giles with St Matthew)
Built: 1842 - 44
Architect: Scott & Moffatt
Listing: grade 2*
The original parish church of Camberwell was destroyed by fire on 7 February 1841. The competition to build a new church was won by Scott & Moffatt and the
The central tower with broach spire rises to a height of 210ft. The interior benefits from a notable east window.