Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Battersea: St Paul

Battersea Deanery

(within the parish of Battersea, St Peter & St Paul)

External photo

Address

St John's Hill
Battersea
London
SW11

Location map

The church is no longer used for Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities at St Peter's may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Diocesan Record Office: London Metropolitan Archives

Details of the church

Built: 1868
Architect: H E Coe
Listing: not listed

The church is of stone construction, dressed limestone quoins and Kentish ragstone infill. There are stone dressings to windows and copings. The roofs are slate covered, and the spire is stone externally, brick-lined internally.

The church is a traditional tall nave church with north and south aisles and transepts, and a five sided sanctuary at the east end. There are clerestory windows to the nave. There are two lancet windows and a rose window to the west end. Vestries are located at the north east corner, the clergy vestry on the ground floor and the choir vestry above. The main entrance is beneath the tower at the south west corner. A second entrance is to the south side of the sanctuary. The tower is surmounted by a spire with a single bell in it. The spire has four bell louvres at its base, and eight smaller openings higher up.

The church is now licensed as a Community Centre to the Louvaine Residents' Association. A crèche/playgroup occupies the west half of the building with a first floor office in what would have been the choir gallery. The old sanctuary has sliding folding doors separating it off from the main community hall. Off the main community hall is a canteen and bar area with kitchen. There are toilets in the old south aisle, together with lobbies and stores.