Battersea: Christ Church & St Stephen
Parish ContactsThe Revd Geoffrey Owen(Vicar)Christ Church Vicarage
Tel: 020 7228 1225 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday ServicesFurther details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts.
Patron: Bishop of Southwark & the Vicar of Battersea, St Mary (alternately)
Population (2001 census): 7,949
Urban Priority Area: Yes
Episcopal Area: Kingston
Diocesan Record Office: London Metropolitan Archives
Introduction to parish
Details of the church
Architect: Thomas Ford
Listing: not listed
The building is on the site of a church of 1849 by C Lee and T T Bury, destroyed in the Second World War.
The present church was designed by Thomas F Ford in 1959. It is of reinforced concrete and brick construction, with copper covered barrel shaped main nave and transept roof, with felt covered side aisles and vestries. The interior is decorated in several places with murals by Hans Feibusch. A church hall and curate's flat were added around a courtyard to the south in 1975.