3 x Posters:
1. Poster with a link to the webpage is for your congregation and to display in your church.
2. Poster which states that you are praying for the people of the parish and inviting prayer requests is for your church notice board. Beside this poster you could display details about when the church is open for prayer and where people can find postcards to write down their prayer requests and leave them in the church. If you have a church porch you could leave post cards and a prayer request box in the porch, or create something weather proof to stand in a visible place near the church entrance.
3. Poster to advertise Pentecost Service is to display in your church.
2 x Postcards: please order packs of 10 by March 26th
This is intended for church members and has space on the back for them to write down five people they are going to pray for, as well as the mission priorities of your church. These could be given out during a Sunday service and everyone invited to fill them.
2. The postcard that states ‘We, your parish church, are praying for this community. Please let us know if you have a prayer request and we will include it in our prayers’. This is intended for members of the public to fill in and post / leave in the church. You will need to add your church details to the back of this post card. You can print this information on labels to stick on the back using Avery 2x7 or 2x8. Alternatively individuals can hand write these details on the back if using in small numbers.
Suggestions for use:
- leave these in the church if the church is open for prayer
- advertise on your church notice board where these postcards are available in a porch or post bag and place a weather resistant prayer request box in a visible place or in your church porch
- give these post cards to your congregation to share with their friends and neighbours
- visit door to door with the post cards, or post through letter boxes
- take the postcards with you when prayer walking to give to members of the public
Pocket sized prayers for workers – please order packs of 10 by March 26
Give these out to members of your congregation on a Sunday and invite people to come to the front to say where they work and what they are praying for their work places during the nine days.
Invite all the people who are working that week to stand and say a prayer for them to be blessed as witnesses for Christ in their workplaces.
This booklet is intended to be downloaded and shared with people in your congregation to inspire them with creative ideas for prayer and links to find out more. There are ideas for creating prayer stations and prayer spaces, thinking about how you can use space outside in the church grounds to encourage prayer and guidance for prayer walking in the Parish.
Nine Scripture Reflections
These can be made available in churches and prayer spaces. They can also be downloaded and shared amongst congregation members, with encouragement for people to share thoughts and further reflections together.
These are to use as part of a church service on Ascension Day or the following Sunday.
These are to encourage congregations to engage in morning and evening prayer for the nine days, either in small groups or in the church. They can be downloaded and printed.
This can be printed off and sent to the address on the form. Alternatively you can email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to all the specially designed posters and booklets we have 500 copies of The Life: an account of the life of Jesus Christ by Luke, with a forward by the Archbishop of Canterbury.