Vicar All Saints, West Dulwich
We are a lively, engaged congregation in South East London seeking to live more fully our Mission Statement 'One in Worship, Open in Faith, Outward in Community'. We are drawn together by our love for a thoughtful, challenging, liturgically-rich, inclusive, socially aware approach to Christianity.
We are seeking a priest with a strong, living and infectious faith who will develop our discipleship, nourish our stewardship and grow our connections with the community. We are looking for someone who will:
- Combine intellectual rigour with prayerfulness and a lively capacity to preach and engage in theological debate;
- Be an empathetic pastor, able to communicate with a wide range of people;
- Encourage significant lay involvement;
- Be confident in managing complex resources and help an articulate and engaged congregation to adopt a more strategic approach to pastoral care and work in relation to social justice;
- Enable us to realise our vision for the church in the community, and in particular to increase the visibility of the church, the effectiveness of its outreach and help us more closely to reflect the community in which we serve;
- Support our liberal catholic and musical tradition, and be willing to explore the use of the creative arts to deepen and broaden our spirituality;
- Be inclusive in attitude both in the church and in the wider world, and help us to explore the challenges that being truly inclusive brings; and
- Be resilient and willing to seek appropriate support and supervision.
For further information and to apply visit: https://www.cofepathways.org and enter cofe/TP/142/1134
Closing date: midnight on 8 January 2019
Parish visit for shortlisted candidates: 26 January 2019
Interviews: 31 January 2019
This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure