Team Rector, St Mary, Putney
The Parish of Putney is looking for strong leadership skills, superb pastoral ability and great sermons.
The Parish of Putney is a lively, thriving community beside the River Thames in South West London. Its two busy churches, St Mary's and All Saints', are in the liberal catholic tradition.
We are looking for a Team Rector who will...
- Be a well organised, effective communicator and able to stimulate with intelligent, thought-provoking sermons.
- Recognise people’s talents and encourage involvement, discipleship and lay ministry.
- Maintain and develop our liberal catholic tradition and possess good pastoral skills.
- Be forward thinking and willing to embrace new ways of working, including social media.
- Ensure that our churches are spiritual homes for ALL in the parish.
- Work closely with Putney's two highly successful church primary schools.
- Be politically aware. We value our history which includes the Putney Debates and the formation of the Inclusive Church.
- Promote our Christian mission within and beyond the Parish of Putney.
The church is open seven days a week and has its own busy cafe. There is an excellent vicarage near Putney High Street.
Application forms and Parish Profile are available from:
The Archdeacon of Wandsworth's PA, Romana Nelson
Kingston Episcopal Area Office, 620, Kingston Road, Raynes Park,
London SW20 8DN Tel: 020 8545 2440
Closing dates for applications: 5pm 10th January 2018
Parish visit for shortlisted candidates: 3rd February 2018
Interviews: 6th February 2018
The post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure