Rector, St Mary, Barnes
The Barnes Team Ministry is a team of three parishes of St Mary’s, St Michael & All Angels and Holy Trinity in the attractive and busy community of Barnes in South West London.
We are seeking a new Team Rector and Vicar of St Mary’s Barnes who will
- oversee the Team, enabling us to find new ways to work together in serving the community and sharing the Gospel,
- lead the congregation of St Mary’s, sustaining and developing vibrant worship and caring pastoral support, inspiring us to grow in our faith and spiritual life,
- serve the wider community in Barnes and nurture relationships with other churches and community organisations
We are looking for someone who
- embraces a central inclusive Eucharistic tradition, enjoys variety in worship and appreciates the gift of music
- has a strong personal faith and can communicate it through lively and stimulating preaching and teaching
- collaborates well and sensitively, able to recognise people's talents and to develop leadership and discipleship
- has the enthusiasm, experience and creativity to develop effective ministry among families and young people
- has the skills and imagination to lead St Mary’s in new missional challenges and opportunities
- manages efficiently, with an understanding of finances and able to delegate effectively
We offer a congregation of all ages who want to worship God, deepen their faith and serve the community, a well-resourced parish office and staff team, a church in excellent structural repair, sound finances and a beautiful five-bedroomed Rectory.
For further information and to apply visit: visit the CofE Pathways Job Website.
Closing date: midnight on Monday 18 February 2019
Parish visit for shortlisted candidates: Saturday 2 March 2019
Interviews: Thursday 7 March 2019
This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure