Priest in Charge, Croydon Minster
For the only Minster Church in London.
A unique opportunity for a creative priest with exceptional leadership and pastoral skills to lead us in shaping the future identity of Croydon Minster, at the same time as a new and exciting phase of regeneration and development begins for Croydon's town centre.
Croydon Minster is a modern civic church in the catholic tradition, situated in the heart of Croydon’s Old Town conservation area. We seek a priest with a generous and compassionate heart, able to:
- oversee the re-ordering of pastoral provision in the local area;
- explore potential for a new vibrant team ministry;
- lead and inspire us with faith and flair, to build rapport with people of all ages and backgrounds;
- value and enhance our inclusive worship and inspiring liturgy;
- support and encourage our acclaimed choral tradition.
Croydon Minster has historic and much-valued links with the Whitgift Foundation and with Croydon Almshouse Charities, providing significant ministry to these charities’ almshouses and schools, as well as to the Minster’s own Junior and Infant schools.
There is a 4-bedroom eco-house vicarage in South Croydon.
A parish profile and application form are available from:
The Archdeacon’s PA
St Matthew’s House, 100 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PJ
Tel: 020 8256 9633
Closing date: 12noon Thursday 25 January 2018
Parish Visit: Tuesday 06 February 2018
Interview date: Thursday 15 February 2018
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure