Lay Leadership Development Adviser
£38,000 to £40,000 per annum
“Christ Centred, Outward Focused”
We are looking for an energetic, committed disciple to play a key role implementing the recent diocesan report on Lay leadership and Lay Ministry that complements national initiatives, particularly Setting God’s People Free and Serving Together.
This will include being an advocate for lay leadership across the Diocese of Southwark. This post offers the opportunity to be part of achieving Southwark Vision 2017-2025, which is communicated as ‘Walking, Welcoming, Growing’ , working with others to put it into practice. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make a real difference to the development of sharing of God’s mission across a vibrant, large and diverse diocese.
The role will involve:
- Identifying and disseminating good practice across the Diocese
- Supporting the development of new ways of enabling and equipping lay volunteers in the Diocese to undertake leadership roles.
- Encouraging participation from Parishes and Deaneries in sharing good news of effective Lay Leadership.
- Developing partnerships with other organisations to affirm lay roles in the ‘sent church’
- Developing and connecting with appropriate regional and national networks.
It will require a passion for empowering the laity in the life of the Church, great communication and networking skills, collaborative team working and a project management approach to your work. Experience of parish life and of working with volunteers will be required as you work through the opportunities that lie ahead. This is a chance to make a real difference to the life of our Diocese.
This is initially a three year fixed term position, open to all, lay or ordained.
To apply for this role, please visit the Church of England Pathways website on http://pathways.churchofengland.org/ and search for the post name or the post reference cofe/TP/2997/1104
The closing date for completed applications: 19th November 2018
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: 3rd December 2018.