Hall Coordinator, Holy Saviour, Croydon
We are a lively multi-cultural church with many connections in the local community. We are looking for a someone who will enhance and grow all that happens in our community church hall, taking this side of our work forward into the future.
Hours 16 hours a week
Times of work to be agreed
To Apply: Please send CV and covering letter addressed to ‘The Vicar & PCC’
To email@example.com or The Vicarage 115 St Saviour’s Road CR0 2XF
Deadline to apply is Friday 17 August 2018
Interviews late August, early Sept – expected to start in in post soon after that
Any enquiries please phone 07709 618063
Job Description and Person Specification
Parish of Holy Saviour Church Croydon
Working in Liaison with the Vicar, Treasurer and Chair of Building & Finance Action Team and the Hall Cleaners.
1. Liaising with Regular Hall Hirers – maintaining good relationship with, renewing annual contracts and annual review of payments, checking receipt of payments and behavioral adherence to terms of their contracts (including safeguarding) , dealing with their ongoing storage issues, other practical issues and requests for time changes and additional usage. Dealing with clashes of use during certain church liturgical periods.
2. Negotiating, liaising with and creating new business in terms of regular Hall Hirers
3. Liaising with one-off hall hirers, answering telephone call queries and making booking in connection with the church calendar, emailing out and receiving contracts, dealing with deposits and payments, opening and closing the Hall at the appropriate times including explanation of use and checking behavioral adherence.
4. Planning and implementing a new cohesive storage plan for the Hall
Planning and implementing internal repairs and decoration when required
6. Planning and implementing new hall furniture.
7. Ongoing liaison with the Council on legal and practical and building issues
8. Liaison with Regular Hall Hirers for potential joint community projects with Holy Saviour Church
9. Planning and implementing publicity and advertisement for all hall hiring.
10. Administrative tasks as required.
1. Good working knowledge of IT for administrative purposes
2. Basic Financial capability
3. Ability to liaise well with a wide range of people
4. Ability to impose regulations
5. Experience of building new business
6. Building maintenance experience
7. Planning and implementation experience
8. Publicity experience.
9. DESIRABLE The nature if the post means it would be desirable if the candidate lived near and/or had easy access to the Hall.