Diocesan Discipleship & Vocations Missioner
The Diocese of Southwark encompasses urban South London, which includes almost every ethnicity, with parishes stretching into the more rural parts of East Surrey. It is one of the most multicultural and diverse dioceses in England.
The post holder will play a key role in ongoing vocational renewal, part of the Bishop’s vision that people from across the Diocese be encouraged to explore the ministries to which God may be calling them. They will also work closely with the Director of Vocations in planning vocations initiatives, and in providing creative and inspiring resourcing for incumbents and deaneries that will enable them to encourage others to reach their full potential in the service of God’s mission.
We are seeking a priest who:
- has a demonstrable interest in, and some experience of, encouraging and discerning vocation;
- is able to provide imaginative resourcing for adults across a spectrum of spiritual traditions and educational backgrounds;
- is a gifted communicator, with an ability to think strategically and creatively;
- has a sound theological and educational knowledge with a willingness to develop further;
- is experienced in working successfully with a wide range of church traditions and styles of ministry;
- is an effective team player, able to relate to and consult with people at all levels.
For informal enquiries please contact the Revd Canon Leanne Roberts, the Director of Vocations & DDO, on email@example.com.
To apply, please complete the forms below and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Form – Sections 1 - 6
- Application Form - Section 7 - Confidential Section (This will only be seen by the chair of the interview panel)
- Clergy Recruitment Monitoring Form (This is only used for monitoring purposes, and is not seen by any members of the panel)
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 14th August 2017.
There is an occupational requirement that the job holder be an ordained priest of the Church of England, or a church in communion with it.