Coordinator, Cathedral Projects Support Panel, AEC
SALARY: £25,000 p.a. pro rata (the post is offered on a part-time basis)
LOCATION: Flexible. Office space can be offered in Church House, Westminster. Alternatively home working will be considered. Location of this role within a cathedral may be negotiable.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Executive Director of the Association of English Cathedrals
The main purpose of this post will be to act as a central point of coordination for cathedrals wishing to access support. This role will develop personal relationships with key contacts at all cathedrals, understanding the state of project work and major grant applications and working both proactively and reactively to ensure that the skills of the voluntary Cathedral Projects Support Panel are best used.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Ensuring co-ordination of the Cathedral Projects Support Panel
- Working with the Executive Director and Church of England Senior Cathedrals Officer to recruit members onto the Panel
- Maintaining a database of members, including specialisms, availability etc.
- Matching expertise of Panel members to needs identified by cathedrals
- Co-ordinating visits, including travel arrangements and logistics; providing administrative support as required on visits.
- Ensuring members’ expenses are paid promptly and appropriate records kept.
Developing relationships with cathedrals and CFCE
- Attending meetings of the AEC Executive Committee in order to receive information and give reports on the project
- Working with the Executive Director and Senior Cathedrals Officer to develop an effective feedback mechanism to CFCE to inform its advice and decisions on cathedrals’ major projects
- Attending (at least in part) meetings of the CFCE