Associate Vicar, St Mary's, Wimbledon Village
- Do you have a passion for pastoral care in both the church and the community?
- Are you a skilled pastor and facilitator who enjoys working with volunteers?
- Can you encourage, train and support lay people so they discover and respond to Christ’s call to share in the mission and ministry of the church?
- Are you a priest who can inspire and challenge congregations with your preaching and liturgical leadership?
St Mary’s needs you to develop our existing pastoral structures and lead our team of committed volunteers. We are a large, lively and inclusive church with a rich liturgical and choral tradition. We have a broad-based approach to being church and we want to reach out in love to the whole community.
We can offer you:
- A congregation which places a high value on pastoral care and would like to develop their pastoral skills.
- A theologically literate congregation with deeps roots in the community
- A well-resourced ministry team, including five other stipendiary clergy and one retired priest ministering to four churches
- An opportunity to share in the growth and development of the Wimbledon Parish Team
- Accommodation in Wimbledon
A parish profile and application form are available from:
The Archdeacon of Lambeth’s PA, Mrs Romana Nelson
KEAO, 620 Kingston Road, Raynes Park, London SW20 8DN
Tel: 020 8545 2440
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Wed 7th June 2017
Parish visit for shortlisted candidates: Sat 24th June 2017
Interviews: Tues 27th June 2017
This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure